Round belts and o-ring belts are light-to-medium duty belts used in power transmission applications. Round belts are solid or hollow and vary in terms of weight and size. They use friction to stay in contact with round belt pulleys and must be stretched or elongated to provide proper driving tension.
O-ring belts (endless round belts, endless drive belts) also vary in weight and size, but do not require a belt tensioner. They can be used with both round belt pulleys and V-belt pulleys. Most o-ring belts are made of materials that are resistant to chemicals and compounds such as oxygen, ozone, oils, and grease. They can be cleaned easily and resist abrasion and marking. Belts that are heat-sealed do not require tooling changes. Most round belts and o-ring belts are between 1/16 in. and 3/4 in. wide and at least 3 ft. long, depending on the size of the cross-section. Some products have tensile strengths of up to 8,000 psi and a temperature resistance that ranges from - 60F to 225F.
Specifications for round belts and o-ring belts include cross-sectional diameter, length, working tension, operating temperature, belt material, and reinforcement material. Belt materials vary in terms of strength, elasticity, and power transmission capabilities. Nit rile is used across a wide range of temperatures and provides good resistance to petroleum hydrocarbons and fuels. Leather absorbs lubricants and provides effective sealing against rough surfaces. Neoprene is a synthetic material with outstanding physical toughness. Polyurethane is flexible and offers good abrasion resistance. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is smooth, flexible, non-toxic, and often rated for use in food processing applications. Round belts and o-ring belts that are made of rubber usually contain natural compounds such as poly Isoprene.
KEY FEATURES :
1) Cross-sections from 1/16" to 3/4", also most metric sizes (2mm to 18mm) and standard Oring sizes.
2) Any length above 3" cut length (depends on cord cross-section).
3) Dour meters from 70A to 100A, also 55D
4) Available in many colors and textures.
5) Economical -- no tooling charge.
6) Best resilience of any elastic material.
7) Tough & durable.
8) Highly resistant to cuts and abrasion.
10) Won't fray.
11) Fits round or V pulleys.
12) Easily cleaned.
13) Resistant to fuels and oils.
14) Most are Food Grade USDA/FDA approved.
15) Some are detectable by metal detectors
16) Available with UV resistance.
17) Available in Anti Static